Stewart & Associates Careers
We are looking to grow and expand our company with your help! Here at Stewart and Associates we value our clients and the quality of service we provide them, and it starts with our employees. We are committed to bringing a passion of excellence into all that we do. Apply today to join our team and contribute talents that only you can offer!
CALL NOW: 815.235.3807
We are looking for an experienced candidate to fill a full-time Accounting Manager position in the Freeport, IL area. If you have experience in both public and industry accounting with three to five years of work experience, then you may be the perfect fit for this role. If you are interested in a career with a prestigious, evolving company which offers the opportunity for professional development and upward growth, then please continue reading. This position welcomes focused, initiative driven individuals that possess strong presentation and communication skills.
• Generation of accurate and timely monthly financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Performs multi tax calculations including deferred taxes and tax savings; prepares and files in-state sales tax and out-of state business activities tax returns; prepares year-end tax reporting and detailed summaries, reports to management.
• Daily review of cash balances in the bank and review of short term borrowing positions. Ensure compliance with bank debt covenants.
• Preparation and management of the annual review of the financial statements by the auditors.
• Customer credit review, maintenance of credit terms, and monitoring of collection activities.
• Capital equipment management including development and maintenance of asset tracking software, tracking of capital expenditures, and reconciliation of asset accounts with current depreciation schedules.
• Substantially authors and completely prepares annual budgets and follow-up reporting and forecasting.
• Protects company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
• Interacts with outside professionals including auditors, legal counsel, benefit consultants, etc.
• Oversees weekly payroll; reviews and verifies service output, records data and reconciles amounts to the general ledger and annual government reports.
• Contributes to departmental and corporate goals by initiating continuous improvement, accomplishing related results as required and • working effectively with other employees and departments.
• Process accounts payable, accounts receivable and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and related reports
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Bachelor's degree (BA) in accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or CPA status.
• Strong cost accounting background with 3-5 years experience in financial management positions.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Peachtree and/or QuickBooks.
• Effective communication skills to speak and write accurately and persuasively; give and receive clarification and respond to questions.
• Leadership and delegation skills to assign tasks and authorize responsibility, provide feedback and provide recognition to develop and foster teamwork.
• Ability to manage time effectively, organize self and others, perform work accurately and detail orientation required.
• Competitive wages
• Health Insurance
• Paid Flexible Time Off (FTO)
• FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
• 401(k) Plan
Interested/qualified individuals should reply to this post with a brief cover letter and resume.
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Or apply at our corporate headquarters, 50 W. Douglas St. Suite 1200 Freeport, IL, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM and 5PM.